Monday, March 14, 2011

Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH (Teena Marie Tribute) *amended*


Click here to listen to the DOPENESS!

On December 26th 2010, the world lost a musical legend. Teena Marie (born Mary Christine Brockert) had over 3 decades of hits. I had the honor of doing a tribute to her on www.playvybz.com on January 11th, 2011. The feedback I got from the show was INCREDIBLE but Lady T's music speaks for itself.

The original show was split in 2 parts. The 1st hour I played golden era Hip Hop , as well as, present-day independent Hip Hop. The last hour I did my Teena Marie Tribute. I've had several requests for the Teena Marie tribute show sans the 1st hour of Hip Hop. I aim to please my listeners so here you go! This is the amended version featuring my Teena Marie tribute only.

Enjoy this celebration of the one and only Teena Marie!

Bless

DJ HasH aka Da Corned Beef Kid (of The Temporary Residents)


***PLAYLIST***


Intermission- Nice & Smooth “Old to the New” (chopped, looped, & scratches by DJ HasH)

Teena Marie- Ooo La La La

Fugees- Fu-Gee-La

Teena Marie- Square Biz

The Firm- Firm Biz ft. Dawn Robinson

Intermission- Jim Jones “Blow Your Smoke” (instrumental)

Teena Marie- Portuguese Love

Teena Marie- Behind The Grove

Teena Marie- Lovergirl

Teena Marie- It Must Be Magic

Intermission- Common “Come Close” Remix (Closer) / (instrumental)

Teena Marie- Hit Me Where I Live

Rick James- Fire And Desire ft. Teena Marie

Teena Marie- Déjà vu (I’ve Been Here Before) *Live Version*

If you wanted to check out the original show then click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics