Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH "Vintage Soul" Special! Enjoy!!!



Click here to listen to the DOPENESS!

What’s up fam!!! Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to take this journey down memory lane with me. I had A LOT of fun doing this show. I did something tonight that I’ve never done before on Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH. I did what I like to call a “vintage soul” special where I played two hours of INCREDIBLE soul music from the 70’s and early 80’s. But of course I had to have it relate somehow to Hip Hop because that’s what Vinyl Vybz is primarily about…DOPE HIP HOP. So I played soul music that was sampled in classic Hip Hop records!!!

I decided to do this for several reasons. One because I thought it would be fun to do. But most importantly to pay homage to the great artists of yesteryear that played a HUGE part in shaping Hip Hop into what it’s known for today. Hip Hop owes a huge debt to these amazing artists so I wanted to use Vinyl Vybz as a platform to give these artists some shine. This show also serves as a history lesson as to the origins of some of your favorite Hip Hop songs. Sorta like a Hip Hop 101 if you will. :)

So join me as I take you down this soulful journey of soul classics that made the Hip Hop songs we love and cherish possible! Thanx again everybody for ALL of your love and support and spreading the word about Vinyl Vybz. Be sure to tune in to www.playvybz.com EVERY Tuesday from 6-8pm (CST) to catch me spin that DOPENESS on Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH!!!

Bless

DJ HasH(of the Temporary Residents) aka Da Corned-Beef Kid!

A special thank you to my mother who was the inspiration for this show. I wanted to honor her and celebrate her birthday by doing a show that mostly catered to her. These are some of the songs that she was bumping when she was MY age. I hope you enjoyed reminiscing with this show mom. Happy Birthday! I LOVE YOU!!!

***PLAYLIST***

DJ HasH- Vinyl Vybz intro

Ronnie Laws- Tidal Wave

Tom Scott- Today

Donald Byrd- Think Twice

Intermission- Little Brother “Shorty’s Reprise”

Eddie Holman- It’s Over

Minnie Riperton- Baby, This Love I Have

Gwen McRae- 90% of Me Is You

Heatwave- The Star Of A Story

Intermission- Nice & Smooth “Old to the New” (chopped, looped, & scratched by DJ HasH)

A Tribe Called Quest- Bonita Applebum

Ramp- Daylight

The Notorious B.I.G- One More Chance / Stay With Me (Remix)

Debarge- Stay With Me

Doug E. Fresh and The Get Fresh Crew- Keep Risin’ to the Top

Keni Burke- Risin’ To The Top

Intermission- K-Town Music “2 All The Back Stabbers”

Quincy Jones- Summer In The City

Loose Ends- You Can’t Stop The Rain

Bobby Caldwell- Open Your Eyes

Michael McDonald- I Keep Forgettin’ (Every Time You’re Near)

Intermission- Outfitters Usa “30’s” (instrumental)

Michael Jackson- I Can’t Help It

Isaac Hayes- Hung Up On My Baby

Dynasty- Adventures in the Land of Music

Funkadelic- (Not Just) Knee Deep

Roy Ayers- Running Away

*Bonus Song*

Slave- Just A Touch of Love

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics