Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH (Ladies 1st Edition) Volume II !!!



Click here to listen to the DOPENESS!

Peace family! Welcome to the SECOND volume of the Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH (Ladies 1st Edition)! Prepare yourself for 2 hours of music from female artists EXCLUSIVELY! Now I said this on Volume I of my Ladies 1st show and my stance remains the same. There isn’t enough female representation of Hip Hop on the radio. Some may say its because there isn’t a lot of female MC’s making noise today but I beg to differ. Props to other DJ’s, shows, and programs like “My Mic Sounds Nice” who contribute in keeping the female MC torch burning. Word up!

For this show my goal was to give a brief timeline of female MC’s contributions to the Hip Hop game. I played music from different era’s from the 80’s,90’s & up into the present from the likes of Lauryn Hill, Bahamadia, MC Lyte, Jean Grae, & Queen Latifah to name a few. But you know how I get down on Vinyl Vybz so I never play just the obvious choices. I want to educate and expose you all to DOPE music EVERY week that you may not be familiar with so I made sure I included some more obscure records from the likes of N-Tyce, Champ MC, Finesse & Synquis, etc. I even did something I didn’t do on the 1st volume, and that’s play a few soul bangas for my soul heads that hold me down EVERY week!

Thank you everyone for checking the show out this past Tuesday on www.playvybz.com and for checking out this podcast. It’s because of YOU that I did this 2nd volume of Ladies 1st and I’ll continue to do it as long you request it. Free free to share this link to all of your fellow music heads who enjoy the kind of music I play on Vinyl Vybz. It’s dopeness guaranteed!!! As always I’ll see next Tuesday for more DOPENESS from 6-8pm (CST) on www.playvybz.com! PEACE!

DJ HasH aka Da Cornbeef Kid of the Temporary Residents

If you missed Volume I of my Ladies 1st Edition click here to check it out. You won’t be disappointed!!!


***PLAYLIST***

DJ HasH- Vinyl Vybz Intro

BusCrates 16 Bit Ensemble- Vinyl Vybz Intro

Lauryn Hill- Ex-Factor

Tone Trezure- Don’t Hang up the Phone

Champ MC- Sista’s Betta Recognize ft. Michael Speaks

Intermission- Smooth “Strawberries” (Instrumental)

Finesse & Synquis- Soul Sisters

Salt-N-Pepa- Solo Power (Let’s Get Paid)

Antoinette- Who’s The Boss

MC Lyte- Lyte As A Rock (Video Version)

Monie Love- It’s A Shame (My Sister)(Cool as…Mix)

Cookie Crew- Secrets (Of Success)

Intermission- Nice & Smooth “Old to the New” (chopped, looped, & scratches by DJ HasH)

Missy Elliot- The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)

Patra- Romantic Call ft. Yo-Yo

Doom- Still Dope ft. Empress Starhh tha Femcee

Intermission- Rita J “Interlude”

N-Tyce- Walk a Little Closer (Dice Sound Mix)

The Conscious Daughters- We Roll Deep

Boss- Deeper

Isis- Rebel Soul

Bahamadia- Paper Thin

Queen Latifah- U.N.I.T.Y

Intermission- Davina “Come Over To My Place” (Instrumental)

Jean Grae- Block Party

Tiye Phoenix- Master Plan

Invincible & Waajeed- Detroit Summer

Rita J- Inspiration

Intermission- Da Brat “Funkdafied” (Instrumental)

Georgia Anne Muldrow- Let It Go

Janita- That’s How Life Goes

Applejac & Green Tea- Not Right Now

Silhouette Brown- Hear Them Often Say

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Analytics