Thursday, May 13, 2010

Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH (Guru Tribute)!



Click here to listen to the SHOW!

Peace and blessings fam!

Welcome to my Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH (Guru Tribute)! I know there are several Guru tributes out there, and rightfully so. Guru deserves ALL the accolades. However, I wouldn’t feel comfortable calling myself a DJ and die-hard Guru / Gang Starr fan if I didn’t come with my own Guru tribute. Now the size of Gurus’ catalog of dope music is INSANE, which made it impossible to fit all of his music into a 2 hour show. But hopefully I did Guru and his legacy justice with the songs I’ve selected for this tribute, while at the same time featuring some Gang Starr and Guru BANGAS that you may not be familiar with. For example, the horn mix to Gang Starrs’ "DWYCK", "Now You’re Mine" (originally off the White Men Can’t Jump / Rap soundtrack) and the 12" white label "Doe In Advance".

I also featured some songs from Jazzmatazz ,Gurus’ solo project, where he worked with jazz legends to AMAZING results! And of course the Old to the New was in FULL effect! I featured "The ? Remainz" & "Mass Appeal" during this segment that not only showed Gurus’ partner , DJ Premier , genius on the boards but also showed the special chemistry that Guru and Preemo had which could NEVER be matched.

I have ANOTHER special Vinyl Vybz with DJ HasH show on deck next week. It’s my 1 year anniversary of doing Vinyl Vybz (time flies when you’re having fun)! To help celebrate my 1 year anniversary, I have special guests hanging out with me during the show. Well, more than just guests actually but FAMILY hanging with me. I’m excited to have 4 out of the 9 Temporary Residents members (MY CREW!!!) coming down ALL the way from London to Chicago to chop it up with me on the show (what an honor!). AND instead of me getting gifts on my anniversary, I want to give YOU my loyal listeners and supporters an opportunity to get a gift! I’ll be having a giveaway for some gear courtesy of Enstrumental Clothing. Click here to check out the website. DOPENESS!!! And of course I’m still playing that music that’s just STOOPID DOPE that you rarely hear anywhere else from the likes of Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth, Eulorhythmics, De La Soul, Panacea, Ty & Erik Rico, & Liquid Spirits to name a few. Plus I’m featuring Little Brother & A Tribe Called Quest for the Old to the New. Trust me, you DON’T want to miss this show! I’m excited just talking about it! As always, it goes DOWN Tuesday from 6-8pm (CST) on the award winning www.playvybz.com! See you then family!

Bless

DJ HasH of the Temporary Residents aka Da Corned-Beef Kid

*podcast to this show is available immediately after the playlist*

DJ HasH- Vinyl Vybz Intro

Guru (Jazzmatazz Vol.2)- Skit A (Interview) / Watch What You Say ft. Chaka Khan & Branford
Marsalis

Guru (Jazzmatazz Vol.2)- Intro (Light It Up) /
Jazzalude I : New Reality Style

Guru (Jazzmatazz Vol.2)- Something In The
Past ft. Freddie Hubbard & Big Shug

Guru (Jazzmatazz Vol.2)- Jazzalude II: Hip Hop As A Way Of Life

Gang Starr- What I’m Here 4

Intermission- Gang Starr “Zonin’” (instrumental)

Gang Starr- Name Tag (Premier & The Guru)

Gang Starr- Manifest (Remix)

Gang Starr- Love Sick

Gang Starr- Ex Girl To Next Girl

Gang Starr- Royalty ft. K-Ci & JoJo

Gang Starr- Jazz Thing (Video Mix)

Intermission- Nice & Smooth “Old to the New” (chopped, looped, & scratched by DJ HasH)

Gang Starr- Just To Get A Rep (Video Version)

Gang Starr- The ? Remainz

Gang Starr- Mass Appeal

Intermission- Gang Starr “Soliloquy of Chaos” (chopped & looped by DJ HasH)

Gang Starr- Take It Personal

Gang Starr- So Wassup?!

Gang Starr- Code Of The Streets

Gang Starr- DWYCK ft. Nice & Smooth (Horn Mix)

Gang Starr- Now You’re Mine

Guru (Jazzmatazz Vol.2)- Respect The Architect ft. Bahamadia, Ramsey Lewis, Brian Holt, & DJ Scratch

Intermission- Gang Starr “Speak Ya Clout” (instrumental)

Gang Starr- Above The Clouds ft. Inspectah Deck

Gang Starr- In Memory Of…

Gang Starr- Eulogy

*** Bonus Songs (not mentioned in the final intermission) ***


Guru (Jazzmatazz Vol.3)- Intro (chop / echo effect by DJ HasH)

Gang Starr- As I Read My S-A

Gang Starr- Doe In Advance

Gang Starr- Who’s Gonna Take The Weight?

Gang Starr- Positivity (Remix)




2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this Guru tribute. I can not WAIT for the Anniversary Show!

    LOL @ "STOOPID DOPE". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much ChiTown Fashionista! Your comment meant alot to me! Thank you for your love and support! The Anniversary Show is going to be BANANAS!!! I can't wait for you and everyone else to hear it!

    "STOOPID DOPE" LOL Now you know how I do! :p

    P.E.A.C.E!

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Analytics